Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
Happy Tuesday everyone! I was drafting this post at the LAST minute again, but was too exhausted last night to even finish it! I’m just glad that I was able to make this list in time! Yay!
And yes, I AM POSTING THIS REALLY LATE BECAUSE IT’S LATE AND I’M EXHAUSTED AND I’M TRYING TO PLAY CATCH UP!
I’ve been reading more YA books lately, but I don’t really talk about it as much as I should. So YES! These are 5 books that I wish I talk more about on Twitter, on my blog, or even in person!
- The Forbidden Wish by Jessica Khoury – I just finished reading this book and it’s just amazing! I have yet to review this book BUT OMG! Plus, it’s a STANDALONE!
- Mila 2.0 by Debra Driza – This was a unique read last year about a teenaged android on the run from the government. There was a teeny bit of romance, too! PLUS FEMALE ANDROID WITH FEELINGS!
- These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner – This was the book that made me fall back in love with YA again! A spoiled little rich girl and a decorated captain stranded in an “abandoned” planet?! With “aliens!”
- The Winner’s Curse by Marie Rutkoski – I binge read The Winner’s Cure and The Winner’s Crime this year and this struck a chord in me. There is no review yet, which will be dealt with soon, I promise!
- Graceling by Kristin Cashore – OMG THIS BOOK! I know this is a fan favorite but I HAVEN’T REALLY TALKED ABOUT THIS BOOK! This is a neat standalone and the first book that I read about female assassins!!!
Because I absolutely love historical romance, I am also sharing books that I don’t talk about as much as I want to. WHY IS THIS SO?!
- A Rogue By Any Other Name by Sarah MacLean – If you haven’t read this book yet by Sarah MacLean, GO AND READ IT!! This is such an amazing read about redemption and love and vengeance of course!
- Earls Just Want to Have Fun by Shana Galen – A Pygmalion type of tale that will definitely pull at your heartstrings!
- Lions and Lace by Meagan McKinney – This was the first book that I read about 1900s New York and this book remain ONE OF MY FAVORITES! Plus, poor little rich girl and rich self-made man is one of my favorite tropes!
- Secret Ways by Kat Martin – This book by Kat Martin introduced me to Regency Romance! I used to read Bodice Rippers which I used to enjoy. Plus, the heroine’s name is Vermillion!
- A Battle for Love by Cynthia Wright – This was one of the books that I read that I just can’t get out of my head! This is obvs about a battle of love (hehehe) and disguises and pretending to be someone you’re not and falling in love! Plus, did I mention part of this book takes place in PARIS? Castle Fontainbleu people!
What books have you added to today’s’ list? Any book I should know about? Have you read any of the books listed above? Share your thoughts below!