Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
Happy Tuesday, everyone! I feel like it has been ages since I last posted a Top Ten Tuesday post! No matter, I am here this week with a new list!
This is a topic that I really wanted to do because I am guilty of DNFing a book too soon and because of that, I miss out on these awesome books! This week, I am giving you a list of books that I enjoyed the second time I read them! As I’ve said, some are DNFs and some didn’t impress me the first time around (does that happen to you?).
- CINDER by Marissa Meyer – The first time I read Cinder, I wasn’t impressed at all. I liked it well enough but I just didn’t get it, you know? It took me a while to pick up Scarlet and when I decided to go ahead and get the audiobook, I changed my mind. It wasn’t until Cress was about to come out when I reread Cinder and I changed my tune. I fell in love with Cinder and Kai and of course, my favorite character after Thorne, Iko! Oh, and by the way, Marissa said Iko was supposed to “die” in Cinder but because a lot of fans sent letters asking about her, she decided to revive her! So yay fans!
- AFTER THE END by Amy Plum – I enjoyed this book so much, I decided to read it again after I was disappointed with the second book Until the Beginning. I loved Mile’s snarky comments and I was still amused the second time I read it!
- THRONE OF GLASS by Sarah J. Maas – I read this book in 2014 but didn’t get into reading the second book. Late last year, after hearing a lot of good things about Queen of Shadows, I decided to read this book again. Little did I know that I was going to be obsessed by the whole series to the point where I binge read all four books! And I don’t binge read!
- THESE BROKEN STARS by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner – This was the book that started my YA obsession. I reread this book a couple of times already and it still gives me all the feels!
- HARRY POTTER & THE DEATHLY HALLOWS by J. K. Rowling – I can’t count how many times I read this book. I absolutely love Deathly Hallows so much that I feel like every time I read it, I discover something new!
- COLD-HEARTED RAKE by Lisa Kleypas – Last year, I DNF’d this book. GASP! Lisa Kleypas is one of my favorite historical romance authors and I DNF’d the first HR book she wrote in years! BUT before you cry foul, I picked this book up again and thoroughly enjoyed it!
- DEVIL IN WINTER by Lisa Kleypas – I read this book years ago. The Wallflowers is one of my favorite series and I love the books in the series, but my least favorite is this book. Well, mostly because I just didn’t like St. Vincent. He is perhaps one of the top Kleypas heroes but I just don’t get why. I reread this book again last weekend and even though I still don’t like St. Vincent, I enjoyed this book a little bit more that I initially did. #ICried
- SECRET DESIRES OF A GENTLEMAN by Laura Lee Guhrke – I’ve reread this book multiple times as well AND love it every time I do! This book has all the classic tropes that I love: love between classes and food! As a side note, Maria Martingale, the heroine is a baker! So yes, there are baking scenes here!
- HOW TO WOO A RELUCTANT LADY by Sabrina Jeffries – My favorite book in the Helions of Halstead Hall series and again features my favorite trope: love between classes and the hate to love romance. There is also a mystery here. Hmmm, now I think I need to reread this again!
- PASSIONS OF A WICKED EARL by Lorraine Heath – I reread this book recently and I fell in love with it all over again. This features a second chance romance with a douchey hero, but he totally redeems himself in the end!
Wow! I didn’t expect to list books that I have reread, mostly of them, multiple times! I can’t believe that despite my busy schedule and despite the towering TBR, I still have time to reread old favorites!
Now, my question is this: do you reread books even when you didn’t really love it the first time you read it?