Last month’s deets on I Heart Romance & YA
January was very busy for me. I mean, with work commencing in a trip to Northern California, getting stuck at the airport on our way back, then driving in the middle of the night back to Los Angeles, which took about 6 hours plus about an hour to get home….yeah, it was quite an experience. I did manage to snag a few shots of the Redwoods.
We also heard some sad, sad news in January, right? On the upside, I got Snape in my January Owl Crate box. Very appropriate, if you ask me. #RIPAlanRickman
If you guys like, you can follow me on Instagram @zerisse! Fair warning, though, my feed is not all bookish posts. 🙂
READING CHALLENGE STATS
Let’s move on to the challenge stats! I think I did a semi-good job last month. I mean, what with all the craziness at work and LIFE.
I’ve read 7 books so far, 1 physical copy, and reviewed 1 book that I finished reading in 2016: Their Fractured Light by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner. I have also re-read 2 books: Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas and Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost. From the Shelf Love Challenge, I’ve read two books: Tycoon by Joanna Shupe and Their Fractured Light (mentioned above).
DISCUSSIONS ON THE BLOG
- [1 Jan] Statistics Survey 2015
- [3 Jan] 6th Annual End Of Year Survey – 2015 Edition
- [4 Jan] Monthly Wraps: December 2015
- [5 Jan] Top Ten Tuesday: New Year Resolutions
- [11 Jan] Bookish Discussion: Do You Judge a Blog by their Cover?
- [18 Jan] Bookish Discussions: Book to Movie Expectations
- [19 Jan] Top Ten Tuesday: New Books on My Shelf
- [25 Jan] Bookish Discussions: Are You Guilty of Changing Your Ratings?
- [26 Jan] Top Ten Tuesday: Characters I’d Name My Future Children After
- [29 Jan] Write-on Review-a-Thon: January 2016
LAST MONTH’S REVIEWS
- [6 Jan] The 5th Wave by Rick Yancey
- [7 Jan] Daughter of Smoke & Bone by Laini Taylor
- [13 Jan] Stitching Snow by R.C. Lewis
- [20 Jan] Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
LAST MONTH’S READS
FAVORITE READ OF THE MONTH
This book DEVASTATED me! I mean, I just can’t get over what happened in this book! The revelations, the twists, and the FEELS! And yes, the kick-FREAKING-ass Celaena! Yes, I need to review this book ASAP.
So excited for #OTSPSecretSister this month and Pocket Letters! I’m also trying to be good this month and try to read and review more. So far, I am failing 🙁
BTW, guess who was featured over at Brittany’s Book and a Beverage Feature?!