Last month’s deets on I Heart Romance & YA
February was uneventful for me. With hubby at work in Texas (he’s coming back on the 10th, yay!), I totally missed Valentines’s Bay! Not that we didn’t talk on Valentine’s Day, but it is a tad bit lonely.
Work has been super crazy lately. It seems that I have been traveling more in the last two months, alone! I even did a day trip up in Northern California, then another overnighter further up North! It was pretty, though. I was able to see the country for a while. And, work is pretty rewarding.
I admit to not having seen a lot of movies this month. Only because of the craziness and Pierre not being here, but I resolve to change that in the next couple of weeks. So, I’m not sure if The 5th Wave is still on, but if it is, I’ll watch it by myself. Deadpool is also on my list, but this will have to wait when Pierre is back. I did see Pride and Prejudice and Zombies and I liked it. It had a weird ending, though (I guess I need to review this, yeah?).
And if you have been living under a rock, there was this thing called #LoveAThon hosted by Alexa (Alexa Loves Books), Cee (The Novel Hermit), Hazel (Stay Bookish) & Mel (The Daily Prophecy). It was amazing! I got a lot of book recs and I discovered a lot of bloggers! The Twitter chats were awesome, too!
I was soooo excited when I got my February Owlcrate box because THE LUNAR CHRONICLES OTP tote! I mean, eeeeeeep! I see Thorne! I’m also excited to read The Love that Split the World by Emily Henry.
I also got a couple of book mails in February! Soooo excited about that. And, I have been consistently posting bookish photos on Instagram! Follow me @zerisse so you can see my bookish spreads!
READING CHALLENGE STATS
I’ve read 18 books so far, with 11 books read in February, 4 physical copies, and reviewed 5 books so far. I have a few books in queue ready to post! YAY! I have also re-read 1 book this month. From the Shelf Love Challenge, I’ve read three books: The Revolution of Ivy by Amy Engle, Cold-Hearted Rake by Lisa Kleypas, and The Highwayman by Kerrigan Byrne.
LAST MONTH’S READS
LAST MONTH’S REVIEWS
- [3 Feb] Their Fractured Light by Amie Kaufman, Meagan Spooner
- [17 Feb] Crown of Midnight by Sarah J. Maas
- [19 Feb] The Hunter by Kerrigan Byrne
- [24 Feb] Lady Bridget's Diary by Maya Rodale
DISCUSSIONS ON THE BLOG
- [2 Feb] Top Ten Tuesday: Future Worlds I Don’t Want to Live In
- [7 Feb] Monthly Wraps: January 2016
- [8 Feb] Hang-out with My Awesome Book Best Friends!
- [13 Feb] Blogger Insider: Getting Knocked-Out by the Flu is Not Fun!
- [15 Feb] Bookish Discussions: I Thought I Lost it but I Found Love….Again
- [19 Feb] 2016 Book Blogger Love-a-Thon
- [20 Feb] 2016 Love-a-Thon: Mix and Match
- [20 Feb] 2016 Love-a-Thon: BINGO
- [21 Feb] 2016 Love-a-Thon: Show the Love
- [22 Feb] 2016 Love-a-Thon: Let’s Have Coffee Together
- [23 Feb] Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Loved that were Out of my Comfort Zone
- [28 Feb] Currently Reading Ep 1
BOOKISHLY EXCITED ABOUT
Oh em gee I can’t wait to meet MR. RICK YANCEY on March 15th!!!
I don’t do marathons BUT these are the TV shows I tuned into in February
- The Walking Dead – It’s back peoples! And the first episode was JUST TO DIE FOR AMAZING!
- Miss Fisher’s Murder Mysteries _ I’m really enjoying this series! Thanks for the recs #LoveAThon
- Princess Hours (Korean Rom-Con) – oh, the nostalgia!
- Project Runway All Stars – OMG! I am just obsessed with Project Runway! And although my favorite, favorite is the original Project Runway with Heidi and Tim, I still enjoy All Stars.
FAVORITE READ OF THE MONTH
I’m definitely growing to love #bookstagram and bookish scenes, so I am continuing to do more of those! Although not as frequent as I want to because it does take time to set these things up.
I’ve also been watching a few booktubers and I admit to feeling jealous and thinking that I would want to do something like that BUT I know that’s not possible. I don’t think I have time to make videos and edit them, read books, make crafts, and blog, on top of my real work! So yes, I bow down to all you booktubers! Amazing job!
The Secret Sister Project is AMAZING! I have been changing snail mail with my secret sisters and it’s really fun!
How did your month go? Any new book recs?