Last month on I Heart Romance & YA
Happy new month, Wormies! As you can see, I am posting a day late because it’s Labor Day weekend here in the US and Pierre is home! It’s awesome that he is, actually because I get a day off on Monday and spend that extra day with him before he goes back to work on Tuesday.
Anyway, we’re currently out in the middle of nowhere spending a few days away from the city. It’s been fun, but cell service is not that great and WiFi is not free! Gaaah, I feel like we’re back to the stone age! But I managed to post a few Bookstagram photos! We are paying for the WiFi for one day, though.
We went to the San Diego Zoo Safari Park this afternoon and had fun walking around. We took the African Tram to see a few animals in an oasis and also saw a cheetah run! It was fun. We did see a couple of lions and different kinds of gazelles and wildebeests, rhinos and giraffes! By the end of the afternoon, my feet were killing me! It was fun!
It’s also not been a productive month as compared to the other months – reading-wise. I have been slacking a little bit and the slump from July has carried through to last month. I’m also not rushing with my reading but I discovered a few new authors this month!
I only read 19 books in August as compared to 27 in July. I know, I was lacking this month, but I think that reading over 20 books is an anomaly for me. But as I’ve said, I am slacking!
However, blogging has been pretty awesome because I wrote 10 additional reviews for the month (and counted the ones I forgot to count that I reviewed a few months ago #faceplam).
I’m picking two books this month because It Had to Be You and Until Friday Night was AWESOME!
- [2 Aug] Breaking the Rules by Katie McGarry
- [3 Aug] Love, Across the Divide by Krystal Ford
- [9 Aug] The Chase by Elle Kennedy
- [10 Aug] It Had to Be You by Susan Elizabeth Phillips
- [16 Aug] Respect by Jay Crownover
- [17 Aug] A Princess in Theory by Alyssa Cole
- [21 Aug] Unbreak My Heart by Lauren Blakely
- [22 Aug] The Charm of You by Jennifer Probst
- [23 Aug] All the Way by Kristen Proby
- [24 Aug] When a Duke Loves a Woman by Lorraine Heath
- [31 Aug] Zach by Lilly Atlas
- [1 Aug] The Summer Heat Has Kept Me Inside! July 2018 Monthly Wraps
- [5 Aug] Currently Reading Weeks 29-30: #Romancestagram is AMAZING!
- [8 Aug] Respect by Jay Crownover [Excerpt + Giveaway]
- [13 Aug] Bookstagram Props That Don’t Break the Bank
- [14 Aug] Favorite Book Bloggers
- [19 Aug] Currently Reading Weeks 31-32: I Completed My Goodreads Reading Challenge Goal of 130 Books!
- [21 Aug] Series & Books that Pull Me Out of My Reading Slump
- [28 Aug] Favorite New Adult Romance Books that Remind me of College
- [30 Aug] Hot Pursuit by Kay Marie [Giveaway]
How many books did you read in August?