Last month’s deets on I Heart Romance & YA
Happy NEW MONTH, Wormies! Finally, I am ABSOLUTELY psyched because Pierre and I are about a month away from our short vacay to our hometown! YEZZ!
Now, back to reality! I am in a horrible bind, people! I need more fantasy recs, please! I just noticed that I have been reading about 98% historical romances, which means I am fantastically failing the Flight of Fantasy reading challenge. So, HALPMEPLIZ!!!!
Well, what do you know? I am now 25% in the Goodreads Reading Challenge! I also upped my review numbers! I think it helped that I wrote a few skinny reviews, especially those that I binge read and have been sitting in my to be reviewed pile for a loooong time.
Anyway, my Flights of Fantasy challenge is not doing really well. sigh* I already know this was coming. I have noticed that when I get fixated on one genre, I mostly concentrate my reading on that genre. I know, I’m stupid. *shrugs*
Well, would you look at that! So Wild A Heart by Candace Camp made it as the longest book read so far! If you notice, I have also read mostly 4 and 5 stars books, which is amazing!
Of course, I reread quite a number of books so far, so that does make a difference in the rating distribution.
- [2 Feb] Fair Is the Rose by Meagan McKinney
- [3 Feb] The Duke by Kerrigan Byrne
- [10 Feb] The Fairest of Them All by Cathy Maxwell
- [16 Feb] The Bride's Necklace by Kat Martin
- [16 Feb] The Devil's Necklace by Kat Martin
- [16 Feb] The Handmaiden's Necklace by Kat Martin
- [23 Feb] The Lunar Chronicles Coloring Book by Marissa Meyer
- [23 Feb] Wires and Nerve Volume 1 by Marissa Meyer
- [24 Feb] A Thousand Pieces of You by Claudia Gray
- [24 Feb] Ten Thousand Skies Above You by Claudia Gray
- [24 Feb] A Million Worlds with You by Claudia Gray
- [1 Feb] I’m on a Historical Romance Reading Binge! January 2017 Monthly Wraps
- [5 Feb] Currently Reading Week 3
- [6 Feb] How Do You Manage Blogging, Reading and Real Life?
- [13 Feb] Coloring 101: Tips For Starting a New Hobby
- [14 Feb] Ten Friends to Lovers in Historical Romance
- [18 Feb] 2017 Love-a-Thon Intro Post
- [18 Feb] A Love-a-thon Mini-Challenge #2 Mix + Match
- [19 Feb] Currently Reading Week 4
- [19 Feb] Love-a-thon: Mini-Challenge #8: Bookish Road Trip
- [20 Feb] Do You Ever Proofread Your Posts?
- [27 Feb] Historical Romance Reading Challenge February Progress + Link-Up
- [28 Feb] 15 Books on my TBR Pile that Need to be READ ASAP!
When I first heard about this movie, I was skeptical. Then I saw the trailers and the visuals and I am SUPER HOPEFUL! I do hope this movie doesn’t disappoint!
Beauty and the Beast meant a lot to me as a kid and actually made me think that reading was cool! So super SUPER excited about B&B!
I won advance screening tickets for Before I Fall from The Ripped Bodice, so I dragged my husband with me to see this in Marina del Rey! I was a little underwhelmed (full review soon) and I can’t help but compare it to If I Stay, which I absolutely loved.
I also saw The Lego Batman Movie, which was okay. There were a few laughs but I think the novelty wore off for me. I really enjoyed The Lego Movie, which was really, really good.
I didn’t really see a ton of movies this month, unlike last month’s craziness.
One of the surprises that I saw was The People v. O.J. Simpson. I mean WOW! No wonder they received so many awards this year. Also, I binged watched this sh*t within 24 hours! I mean, If I didn’t start watching the first episode at 8 pm that night, I would have binged this in one day – it was that amazing! I loved the acting and the fast paced storyline.
The Seven Deadly Sins Season 2 is now on Netflix! I am super excited about this because Pierre and I absolutely love this show. However, I do have short term memory because I couldn’t remember what happened during season 1! So yeah, we are currently rewatching this.
And still on my choice for background noise is Criminal Minds. This series still amazes me and I love watching it while being a tad bit distracted as I blog. I mean, all the gory and scary crimes in this series would probably scare the daylights out of me. In fact, I have been creeped out multiple times where I had to turn off the TV and watch a Disney movie.
I need to see Hidden Figures, but I still haven’t and I feel so, so bad for myself. I will probably wait for streaming if I won’t be able to see it in the theater.
Okay, so my question will have to be this: DO YOU HAVE ANY FANTASY book recs? Because I need ONE ASAP! You may choose from this list, too!