Welcome, Historical Romance lovers and new historical romance readers! Welcome to my very first Historical Romance Reading Challenge! I decided to embark and host this challenge because the historical romance is my guilty pleasure and my all-time favorite genre.
For 2017, I am challenging myself and I’m inviting everyone else to join in! You don’t have to be an uber fan of historical romance, to join. In fact, I welcome newbies and readers who want to try historical romance for the very first time!
Congratulations to last month’s winner, Annaberry! I am waiting for her book choice and I can’t wait to find out what it is!
For this challenge, my goal will be to be a Duchess and read 36 books! I also want to challenge myself and read at least one book in these categories: Regency Romance, Victorian Romance, Historical Romance with a Diverse main character.
I read another 6 historical romance books this month! To be honest, I am unable to focus on other genres at the moment. I mean, I have been reading YA and contemporaries here and there, but not as much as historical romance! I actually reread 3 books this month because I found the complete Aincourts series by Candace Camp at The Ripped Bodice a couple of weeks ago! SUCH an AMAZING find! Of course, I already have these books in the Philippines, but I couldn’t not buy it!
- Seven Minutes in Heaven (Regency Romance)
- The Ugly Duchess (Regency Romance) – reread*
- Secrets of the Heart (Regency Romance)
- The Handmaiden’s Necklace (Regency Romance)
- Devil in Spring (Regency Romance) *OMG SUPER AMAZING READ! I CAN’T EVENNNNN!!!!
- So Wild a Heart (Regency Romance)
As for the categories, I think I just went to the park with this one! I only have 2 more categories to go to complete this challenge and I am super excited about this!
- Medieval Romance
Regency Romance Victorian Romance Western Historical Romance Gilded Age Pirate Historical Romance Historical Romance with a Diverse main character
- Time Travel Historical Romance
So, how did you do? Don’t forget to link your progress post down below and enter the giveaway!
[Tweet “Love Historical Romance? Join the Historical Romance Reading Challenge! #HRChallenge2017 http://wp.me/p3n7oz-2H3”]
- Open internationally as long as Book Depository ships
- Must pick 1 Historical Romance book of your choice up to $10 USD
- The winner will have 48 hours to claim the prize or I will select a new winner
- Must be 18 years or older to participate in the giveaway
[Tweet “Yes, I am joining the 2017 Historical Romance Reading Challenge! #HRChallenge2017 http://wp.me/p3n7oz-2H3”]
Leave a direct link to your summary/update blog post, Instagram post, Twitter post, FB post, or any social media post showing your current progress in this challenge so that everyone can follow and cheer you on!