Last month’s deets on I Heart Romance & YA
Happy new month, Bookworms! May has been pretty kind to me. I mean, I am now getting out of this stupid blogging slump and I am really happy!
May was also when I started traveling again for work. So, I’m pretty much exhausted. Oh, and did I tell you that I am also presenting to about 80-100 people? EEEEKKK! I did NOT expect this!
On a good note, Owlcrate’s May box is perhaps my absolute favorite because I have been waiting to read Everland by Wendy Spinale since I found out about it!
This is also my last Owlcrate box for a while. I may write a full review of all the 6 boxes I received from them soon!
Also, if you have been following me on Instagram, you would know that Pierre surprised me last week! I WAS TOTALLY NOT EXPECTING IT and I felt like I was back in high school! So, Pierre and I didn’t celebrate anything this month but he just surprised me. Just because. I am still astounded at HOW he knew what to get me!
He bought me a Spellbook wristlet and an Olde Book Bag from Think Geek! I am just thrilled! I am currently using the wristlet, but I still haven’t used the bag! Ah, my husband picks the nicest gifts! I remember the butterfly in a jar he bought me! *love*
Behold the lovely graph! Here are the deets: I read 9 books in May, with 3 rereads: Devil in Winter by Lisa Kleypas, The Wicked Wallflower by Maya Rodale, and Passions of a Wicked Earl by Lorraine Heath. It seems that I was in a historical romance kick last month (I’m really happy about this, by the way). I reviewed 4 books this month, read one book for the #ShelfChallenge (see Devil in Winter), and read 4 physical books! I am making some progress here!
Ahhh QoS is still killing it at the longest book read! This may be overshadowed by ACoMaF (once I’m done reading that thing…if ever).
I see a trend here, by the way! I think I will be in historical romance cloud for a while! Well, until a good YA comes along!
No book stands out as a favorite read for the month of May. I am equally sad but optimistic that I will be picking up a fantabulous, amazeballs read in June.
- [4 May] Temptations of a Wallflower by Eva Leigh
- [18 May] The Book of Ivy by Amy Engel
- [18 May] The Revolution of Ivy by Amy Engel
- [27 May] The Girl from Everywhere by Heidi Heilig
- [2 May] Book Events and an Epic Blogging Slump: A Mash-up | Monthly Wraps April 2016
- [3 May] Top Ten Tuesday: Bookish Ships I want to See in 10 Years
- [4 May] Behind the Marquess’ Mask by Kristen McLean | Excerpt + Giveaway
- [8 May] Currently Reading Ep 5
- [12 May] ABEA: An Intro Post
- [13 May] ABEA: Blog Aesthetics
- [21 May] Blogger Insider: Nominated for an Award!
- [22 May] Currently Reading Ep 6
- [23 May] Bookish Discussions: Do You Read Books on a Whim?
- [24 May] Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Enjoyed More on My Second Reading
- [30 May] Bookish Discussion: Fictional & Non-Fictional Places I Want to Visit
- [31 May] Top Ten Tuesday: Historical Romance Summer Reads
Alas! I wasn’t able to go to any events last month. Well, I did choose between Sarah J. Maas and my hubs and I chose him! LOL
There also wasn’t a lot of bookish events that I was interested in this month, so I’m not worried. I did go to my VERY FIRST book club! It was fun! I won’t be able to go this month because I have to pick-up Pierre from the LAX, so I won’t be able to make it. AGAIN, the choices! *wink
Pierre and I started to watch BBC’s Sherlock with Benedict Cumberbatch AND OMG! I was blown away! I want MOAAARRRR!! So, obviously, I still have 2 more episodes of season 3 to finish because I am waiting for Pierre to come watch it with me. I usually only watch TV series when he’s here. Weird. *shrugs*
I also watched Alice Through the Looking Glass all by my lonesome. I picked the first showing on a Friday and there were hardly any people at all! That was me being my usual #introvert self. I thought it was okay. Uhmm… a little bit weak? The Red Queen’s backstory/evilness was weak, to be honest.
On my list to see would be X-Men Apocalypse , World of Warcraft and Me Before You. I think I will be seeing Me Before You this weekend and wait until Pierre comes back to see Apocalypse and World of Warcraft
- I have been tinkering around with the idea to start a booktube channel. Hmm, thoughts? I will probably do a couple of test videos and see if I like it or if it is too much of a hassle. I have ideas running through my head right now about a theme and possible topics. So, stay tuned.
- On another note, I also have a story running up and down my head! Gaahh I hate it when my brain goes ADHD on me. BUT to be fair, this has been going on for a couple of months now and I think I just need to start writing. Encouragements appreciated!
- I also rearranged my shelf! Again, this is related to thought #1. I also think that I have too much Funko Pops that I know what to do with! To be fair to the Pops, I only have a few… and I think it’s too much.
- I am really happy with the way my Bookstagram is going! I’m still joining the daily photo challenge hosted by Lisa and Becca @ Lost in Literature but I don’t stress out as much as before if I can’t post daily.
- I received a few YA ARCs last month aaaand I’m having a really hard time getting into them. I’m a little scared people. Is it the end for my YA obsession?! PLEASE SAY IT ISN’T SO!
How was May treating you bookworms? Any good bookish news (aside from the Beauty and the Beast teaser trailer!)?