Last month on I Heart Romance & YA
Happy New month, Wormies! It’s been a crazy month for me and I’m not really complaining! See, last March, I was down with the flu but this month (April), was full of activities that kept me on my feet – figuratively and literally!
Let me explain. First, April was the LA Times Festival of Books and I went for the weekend. I was on my feet the whole time! Of course, I took the train down to avoid the crazy parking situation, and I met a few authors! It was so much fun! Oh, and I also managed to chat with a few romance and YA authors!
Next, I went to another library book sale with my friend, Crystal @ Crystal Blogs Books. Let’s just say that I went overboard and bought 30 plus books for less than $10! Yes! I only spent $8.75 for 37 books!
Finally, Pierre and I went to New Orleans this weekend! Well, Pierre is staying over until Saturday because of work-related training, but we flew in a couple of days early to play tourist! Yeah, there was a lot of walking and my bod was not very happy with me!
Also, I had beignets and they were positively divine! I will blog more about this soon, too! I wish we could have gone to more places, but he had training and I have work, so this short trip was perfect. Also, because I’m pretty much an introvert, the crowds were getting to me. There were a lot of people in NOLA because of the Jazz Festival. The best part of the trip is the. food. Seriously. I also have a new fave – charbroiled oysters. Google it and fall in love!
I also went to Laura Plantation in Vacherie, Lousiana by myself and I felt like I drove for hours in the middle of nowhere. Like I literally was the only car on the road for about 20 miles! Anyway, I went on a tour and my tour guide, Kati, was amazing! She added little insider info about the plantation and the owners and the cruel reality that was slavery. It was very interesting and eye-opening. Laura Plantation is a Creole Sugar Plantation, which explains the colorful paint!
Now, on to reading. Holy guacamole did I read a lot of emotional books this month! And they were mostly contemporary romance, too! I guess I needed a good cry? I’m not sure what my best book is for this month but let’s just say that I read a lot of 5 star reads this month! But I’ve also been book hopping this month and I’m pretty confused how I could have finished a bunch of them.
Oh, and I forgot, I also turned 30ish this April! Haha believe me when I tell you that I don’t really know how old I am right now without busting out my calculator. ☺?? I also celebrated by 6th Blogoversary! Wooohooo!
Also, note that I am currently 5 books ahead of schedule!
As you can see, I have been a reading machine this month! However, I didn’t review much. I’ve not been in a reviewing mood for the last couple of months, too! That is just sooo sad! BUT, I have included a couple of sentences/instant reactions to books that I read! Follow me on Instagram and check out my Instagram stories!
- [13 Apr] Withholding Nothing by Victoria Bright
- [19 Apr] Renegades by Marissa Meyer
- [26 Apr] Batman: Nightwalker by Marie Lu
- [27 Apr] The Wall of Winnipeg and Me by Mariana Zapata
- [1 Apr] Reading, Sickness, & Romance | March 2018 Monthly Wraps
- [2 Apr] I’m a serial book hopper… and it works, for the most part
- [3 Apr] Favorite Characters in Disappointing Reads
- [5 Apr] April 5th + #Blogoversary + Giveaway!
- [8 Apr] Currently Reading Weeks 12-13: Birthdays and Serial Book Hopping
- [10 Apr] 6 AMAZING Books I won’t Read Again
- [11 Apr] Budget Bookworm: Two Library Apps I Use Regularly
- [16 Apr] The Series, Standalone & Companion Books Conundrum
- [17 Apr] Favorite Book Covers 2018 Edition
- [20 Apr] Let Me Love You by Jessica Jayne [Excerpt + Giveaway]
- [21 Apr] The Ultimate Used Books Haul #2
- [22 Apr] Currently Reading Weeks 14-15: Angsty Romance and All the Feels!
- [23 Apr] LA Times Festival of Books Wrap-Up
- [24 Apr] Frequently Used Words In Historical Romance Titles
- [30 Apr] Books on My Radar | May 2018
Pierre and I saw Avengers Infinity War and it was really good! I didn’t want the movie to end!
I also rewatched Big Hero 6 and Wreck-it Ralph! OMG! Both are still so good and I actually cried – AGAIN!
Pierre and I hardly travel together but this was perhaps one of the few times where we didn’t try to kill each other! I am also so thankful that we were able to explore and walk around New Orleans! He doesn’t have the travel bug and yes, he did roll his eyes a bit, but overall, it was a very positive experience.
Okay, I did ply him with food and drinks, soooo… ??
How did April treat you? Did you go on any trips in April?
What touristy place should Pierre and I visit next?
What are your tricks when reviewing books?