Last month’s deets on I Heart Romance & YA
Happy new month, peoples! And happy 4th of July to all Americans (and non-Americans celebrating)! June has been a crazy month here in casa romantica (LOL), what with all my work travel (THANK GOD IT’S ALMOST OVERRRR!!!) I have one more work related travel next week and then it will be down time for a while, sort of.
I have been busy this weekend, too because Annika @ Hiding Books and I are currently hosting a Diverse books readathon (#AZDiverse) and we are having a giveaway as well! We have 2 more days left until the end of the readathon so you can still participate!
I can’t believe I reached the 50 mark already! That’s right, I HAVE ALREADY READ 50 BOOKS SO FAR! I know that’s not a lot, but I am not really a fast reader, so this is a pretty awesome fete! Sadly, I only reviewed 24 books so far, so I am failing here. I already have about 3 reviews written up and all it needs is a little formatting and it will be ready to post! YAY!
Queen of Shadows by Sarah J. Mass still wins as the longest book read this year! I MEAN THAT BOOK IS JUST HUGE! And I heard Empire of Storms is even longer! Eeeeeppp!!!
If you take a look at this view, you can see that I read 2 more books (because I read 2 more in July!), and it’s barely the start of the month)! I have a good feeling about July!
If you are a historical romance fan and haven’t read Marrying Winterborne by Lisa Kleypas yet, WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN DOING WITH YOUR LIFE?! Ahhh I mean, Rhys ultimately redeemed himself and Helen turned out to be a really strong heroine PLUS PANDORA AND LADY BERWICK WERE BOTH HILARIOUS! Also, did you know that Pandora’s story is next and the hero is none other than Sebastian St. Vincent & Evangeline Jenner’s (Devil in Winter) son, Gabriel (Devil in Spring). SUPER EXCITED ABOUT THIS!
- [1 Jun] Getting Outta This Slump & More Monthly Wraps | May 2016
- [5 Jun] Currently Reading Ep 7
- [6 Jun] Bookish Discussion: Why Being a Slow Reader is A-OK!
- [12 Jun] Make Me Read It Readathon
- [14 Jun] Top Ten Tuesday: My Most Anticipated Releases For The Second Half Of The Year
- [20 Jun] Bookish Discussion: Why I’m Wary of Hyped Books
- [21 Jun] Top Ten Tuesday: My Favorite 2016 Releases So Far
- [26 Jun] Currently Reading Ep 8
- [27 Jun] A-Z Diverse Readathon
Pierre and I saw X-Men Apocalypse and I absolutely love it! I mean, this movie had ALL THE FEMALE KICK-ASS AWESOMENESS with the guys, playing second banana. I mean, did YOU SEE JEAN GREY?! Ehemm, Sansa Stark anyone? Pierre slept through the movie, though. XD
Speaking of Sansa, did you see the season finale of Game of Thrones?! OMG! AND YES, THE PERSON THAT I ABSOLUTELY HATE MET A VERY BLOODY, GRUESOME, BRUTAL DEATH. OMG YAAAAZZZZ!!
I’m trying to get Pierre to watch this, but so far, he is still stuck watching his anime. I mean, it seems like it’s never ending?
And finally, we also saw our favorite forgetful fish, Dory! So, Pierre and I are in agreement here. We liked it, but it wasn’t the same as how much we loved Finding Nemo. However, I absolutely loved Hank the septopus!
- Did you see my new tagline?! I thought that was really appropriate and matches my blog name! YAY!
- I am reading more contemporaries now and starting to read even more diversely! I will be reading Carry On by Rainbow Rowell soon and this would be my very first LGBTQIA book!
- After reading For Darkness Shows the Stars, I want to see Persuasion!
How has your month been? Any new diverse recs for me? Have you read any of the books I read in June?