Hosted by The Broke and The Bookish
I actually have a 5 Hearts Bookshelf over at GoodReads for 2015 and as luck would have it, I have more than 10 books on that list!
- Once Burned by Jeaniene Frost – This is the first book that I read written by Jeaniene Frost and I fell in love with Vlad and Leila – well, Vlad mostly! And I was very intrigued about 2 characters in that book. After a little research, I discovered that they HAD a series (see The Night Huntress Novels)
- Twice Tempted by Jeaniene Frost – The second book was equally amazing. It still continues the story of Vlad and Leila.
- Halfway to the Grave by Jeaniene Frost – This book is ABSOLUTE SMASHING! Especially on audiobook read by Tavia Gilbert. I fell in love with Cat and Bones and finished all 7 books in less than 3 weeks! I have also re-read the first 2 books in June (read all 7 books in May).
- Up from the Grave by Jeaniene Frost – The last book was just AH-MAY-ZING! I couldn’t believe the shocking conclusion! I admit that the last couple of books weren’t as thrilling as the first one but this just took the cake! More female badassery, a new slew of characters… just amazing!
- The Duke and the Lady in Red by Lorraine Heath – The last book in the Scoundrels of St. James series, this books is just full of feels. I stayed up for this and slept at 4 AM just to finish it!
YOUNG ADULT ROMANCE
- Hallowed by Cynthia Hand – This is the second book in the Unearthly series and I absolutely love it. The reason being that Clara, did not end up with the supposedly hero of the book! I thought it was supposed to be a love triangle and thankfully, it wasn’t! More feels.
- A Cold Legacy by Megan Shepherd – The last book in The Madman’s Daughter Trilogy was just freaking amazing! I thought Juliet was going to be an anti-heroine and I that was refreshing! In fact, thought she was going over to the “dark side” all throughout the book which really kept me on the edge. So yeah, this really kept me guessing. Plus…. Mr. Hyde!
- Legend by Marie Lu – This is the first book in the series and I was blown away. There was hardly any romance, which I liked AND Juliet, the female heroine KICKED ASS! EVEN BETTER THAN THE HERO!!
- Mila 2.0 by Debra Driza – Female android?! Bring it on! This one also did not focus much on the romance between the Mila and Hunter’s romance so that was a plus. Then there was a lot of female badassery, too!
- Cress by Marissa Meyer – So… a retelling of Rapunzel had to make my list just because! I love Thorne and Cress and Scarlet and Wolf…. This series is just amazing! Oh and there is a nice scene where a blind Thorne is being led by a naive Cress. *sigh <3
Which books made your list? Which ones would you recommend for me to read based on the list above?