Hosted by The Broke and The Bookish
I decided to pick the Top Ten Bookish Resolutions for the rewind topic today. So far, I haven’t made a dent with this list… figures 🙂
- Reach my reading goal of 60 books. Last year, I was 7 books shy of making my goal. All of those books were on my currently reading list and I loathe the fact that I wasn’t able to read anything in December. Check out my 2013 year in [Book] Review.
- Read books written by Filipino authors. I am Filipino and I am personally disappointed by myself because I have not read any book/short story/poem written by a Filipino since I finished my Philippine Lit class back in 2006.
- Listen to an audio book. I started listening to one early last year and I was not successful at all. I find that my mind wanders while listening and that’s not really helping my cause at all.
- Read more new-to-me authors. I have tried new authors last year and I am pleased to say that some have become one-clicks for me!
- Review all books that I have read. That means being up to date with my Netgalley and Edelweiss accounts.
- Recommend more books to others. Unfortunately, I do not have a lot of people in my circle that love the genre that I read but I have started recommending a few to people at work so we’ll see.
- Get a notebook and jot down favorite quotes and thoughts while reading. This one is a toughie since I started reading almost exclusively on digital AT night.
- Read the paperbacks that I bought last year. These are some of the books that I love and have a copy of in the Philippines that I either lost or did not bring with me when I moved to So Cal. I found them on Amazon and I have them lined up in my TBR pile. I heart Amazon.
- Connect with other like minded book bloggers. Because my friends don’t read the same stuff that I do, I want to interact with other bloggers who share my passion.
- Join NaNoWriMo. This one gives me the heebie-jeebies.
Do you have any bookish goals? Do we share the same goals?