Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish
Happy Tuesday, Bookworms! And you know what happens on Tuesdays, right? It’s Top Ten Tuesday! I decided to share Historical Romance books that would be perfect for summer reading. I’ve been pretty lax with my HR reading, so this summer, I am proposing to read more HR books!
These are the books that I will be reading this summer!
- Because of Miss Bridgerton by Julia Quinn – One of my favorite tropes is the love-hate relationship and this book sounds absolutely interesting. Plus, it’s Julia Quinn and it’s the Bridgerton’s! I have a feeling that this book will keep me chuckling until the end!
- Marrying Mr. Winterbourne by Lisa Kleypas – After the teaser in Cold-Hearted Rake, I can just imagine the tension between these two! This is going to be a very GOOD summer read, I can tell! I ordered my copy already (did you know that it is in HARDBACK?!).
- The Highlander by Kerrigan Byrne – After reading The Hunter, I was really intrigued by the series. I read The Highwayman and also loved it! The plot: governess travels to Scotland to care for the Laird’s children. OHHHH I know sparks will definitely fly here!
- Good Dukes Wear Black by Manda Collins – I received an egalley for this book a few months back and I still haven’t read it. So, I’m adding this to my current summer HR TBR.
- The Summer Bride by Anne Gracie – A rich Irishman and a dressmaker? Sign me up! One of the tropes I absolutely adore is love between the classes, BUT this one is love WITHIN the classes, but they are still separated by circumstance!
If you aren’t a historical romance reader (and even if you are), here are a few books that you just have to read!
- Cold-Hearted Rake by Lisa Kleypas – The first book in LK’s newest historical is just adorable! I absolutely fell in love with it!
- Lady Bridget’s Diary by Maya Rodale – A retelling of Bridget Jones’ Diary, this book is super sweet and funny. Plus, there is this bit about CAKE! And DARCY!
- The Hunter by Kerrigan Byrne – Want a good ugly cry? THIS book had me bawling while reading the prologue alone!
- Four Nights with a Duke by Eloisa James – Mia was broken hearted when she was outed as someone who was in love with the Duke of Pindar – she was 12 (not precisely sure about the age, but she was young). Years later, she HAS to ask for help from him and they start to fall in love! SPARKS fly and their love story is JUST!
- How to Woo a Reluctant Lady by Sabrina Jeffries – One of my favorite Sabrina Jeffries reads! Again this tells the story of a lady who fell in love with her brother’s best friend….and was heartbroken! AHHHH the feels!
Do you read historical romance? Do you have any good recs for this summer?