Hosted by The Broke and The Bookish
I have been reading for quite a long time and I am not including Sweet Valley or Nancy Drew to the mix because I think I have read more books on those than any series/author ever.
While compiling this list, I noticed that majority of these authors are also my one-click authors! And yes, I also have a majority of their books! I am only counting those authors that I have read more than 10 books.
- LISA KLEYPAS – She was one of the very first historical romance authors that I read and I immediately read all her backlist. I think the first book I read was Secrets of a Summer Night (The Wallflowers series #1) and I was blown away! I have read ALMOST all of her historical romance. To date, I have read 24 of her historicals but I haven’t read any of her contemporaries because – well, I do not like contemporaries that much. I am ecstatic that she has a new historical coming up this year!
- SABRINA JEFFRIES – Another one of my favorite authors! The first book that I read written by her was In the Prince’s Bed (Royal Brotherhood #1) and I also read her backlist! I have read 20 of her historicals including the 2 that she wrote under Deborah Martin. I also met her once at the RT Convention in Los Angeles but I was still too shy to talk to her other than asking for her signature! LOL, I am also part of her street team and it has been really fun! Plus, she writes short Will and Jane comics that are hilarious! Check it out on her blog!
- JESS MICHAELS / JENNA PETERSEN – I have also read a majority of Jess’ books, especially now that she is writing more historical erotic romances. (woot!) I first read Seduction is Forever (Lady Spies #3) under Jenna Petersen and was blown away! I have read 14 Jenna books and 27 Jess books to date! I am also part of her street team and it’s super fun!
- LORRAINE HEATH – Another one of my faves and I met her too…but then again, I was too timid to even talk to her other than ask for an autograph… ha ha ha… I have read 14 books written by her and I am currently reading the eARC for Falling into Bed with a Duke (The Hellions of Havisham #1).
- KAT MARTIN – She was the first historical romance author that I read (other than Harlequin) and the book was Secret Ways (standalone) and I was blown away! This book made me devour her backlist as well and I read 14 of her books to date. She has been writing more contemporary western books and I don’t really read books in that genre and I really miss reading her historicals.
- JEANIENE FROST – I first read her Night Prince series and when I was done with that I listened to Halfway to the Grave (Night Huntress #1) via audio I was blown away! I was absolutely in LOVE with the characters, the whole scene despite it being contemporary. Paranormal, yes but then again, paranormal is not really my thing! To date, I have read 13 of her books and I finished her Night Huntress series and it was sooooo good!
- TRACY ANNE WARREN – is another favorite historical romance author and I have read quite a few of her books and I have read some of them more than once! To date, I have read 14 of her historicals and I can’t wait for the new one that’s coming out next year!
- SOPHIE JORDAN – I have read her books in multiple genres and have enjoyed a majority of them! I love her historicals and I fell in love with her new adult series, but I thought her YA was okay. I have also met her at the RT Convention and had the book Firelight signed! To date, I have read 12 of her books in all three genres.
- LAURA LEE GUHRKE – Her Girl Bachelor series was outstanding and I admit to reading most of them more than once! I have read 14 of her books already and my favorite will always be Secret Desires of a Gentleman (Girl Bachelors #3) because there is baking and cake and romance.
This wraps it up! I thought I would go up to 10 over 10 books read per author but I just couldn’t LOL
I have runners-up, though and I will share the top 3.
- J.K.ROWLING – Yep, I even read Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them complete with Harry and Ron’s writing on the margins!
- SARAH McLEAN – I have read 7 books by her
- TESSA DARE – I have read 6 books written by her because I still don’t have the time to read her backlist!
Have you read any of the authors on my list?