I hardly fangirl over book boyfriends so I was worried about listing a few of my favorite heroes. While thinking about what to write for this post, I thought about showcasing it Facebook-style. Unfortunately, I didn’t read a lot of 2015 releases so I only have 8 book boyfriends. I am mostly including YA heroes, but I have added a few adult fiction heroes. Now, on to my list!
Bio: a 300-year-old vampire bounty hunter, Cockney accent, drop-dead gorgeous (pun intended)
Previous Occupations: thief, gigolo (yes, he WAS *woot*)
Latest Book released this year: Outtakes from the Grave
Quote: “Ask me if I sparkle and I’ll kill you where you stand.”
- The moment I read about Bones in the first novel, Halfway to the Grave, I was enraptured by him. He is a typical alpha male with a sweet nature.
Bio: a Captain, according to himself, jailed for stealing an American ship, reminds me of a teenage Han Solo (ohmygosh yes!)
Previous Occupations: thief, and Captain (according to him)
Latest Book released this year: Winter
“Do you think it was destiny that brought us together?”
He squinted and, after a thoughtful moment, shook his head. “No. I’m pretty sure it was Cinder.”
- Thorne is mine! He really captured my interest from the moment he appeared in Scarlet. As I’ve stated above, he reminds me of a really young Han Solo. A ladies man who hides a sensitive and insecure soul underneath.
Bio: pilot (I can only think of X-Wing but what the heck), hotshot teen conscripted as a pilot to help defend the Alexander and the Hypatia
Previous Occupations: none, still in high school
Latest Book released this year: Illuminae
“since i will not send this, i also feel it is my duty to inform you that almost six months on I think I still love you and that makes me sad becaue love shouldn’t feel this way. is like getting kicked in the stomach every time i think of you and it makes me want to roll my face across this keyboardbiu;///ubEWdcfhugiov’byhi;.//////-=‘-0i9juh8ygtfdcsaazs34defg7uefg7u8hi9o0p8hi9o0p-[[09ju8dcsaazs34d9o0p-[[09.”
- So the image is Theo James but whatevs. So. Ezra. Well, HE has to be on my list because a. my name is Ezrah (with an H) and b. ohmygod I can’t stop fangirling about him. Another hero who tries to hide his feelings but is proven to be a very sensitive soul. Reading his parts in Illuminae brought a lot of #feels.
Bio: spoiled teen expelled from school, only son of a rich CEO, drove cross country to aid Juneau, drives a BMW
Previous Occupations: none
Latest Book released this year: Until the Beginning
- I loved how his voice was written in the books, especially his dry wit and sarcasm. Definitely need one of those on my entourage.
Bio: a war hero who singlehandedly saved a group of scientists, saved Lilac LaRoux when their ship crashed on an uninhabited planet, all around good guy
Previous Occupations: major, war hero
Latest Book released this year: Their Fractured Light
- I see him as Jensen Ackles (okay, maybe a young Jensen but whatevs) and absolutely fell for Major Merendsen. He doesn’t play a major role in this years’ release but… I couldn’t help but add him to my list.
Bio: a young man apprenticed to the brilliant Dr. Moreau, orphan and raised by said doctor
Previous Occupations: mad scientist apprentice
Latest Book released this year: A Cold Legacy
- I see him as Nicholas Hoult and I believe he will make a perfect Montgomery James. I was intrigued by Montgomery since his first appearance in A Madman’s Daughter and I loved his strength of character, especially in A Cold Legacy.
Bio: a figment of Miss Madeline Gracechurch’s imagination, who she killed off in one of her letters
Previous Occupations: foot soldier turned captain because of a certain miss’ letters
Latest Book released this year: When a Scot Ties the Knot
Quote: “A kilt isna a skirt. ’Tis an entirely different thing.”
- I initially hated Logan. I mean, I thought he was a jerk of the highest order, but then he proved me wrong. *sigh. No, a kilt is definitely NOT a skit, Mr. Highlander sir.
Bio: AKA Vlad the Impaler, AKA Dracula. I mean, he is THE one started it all!
Previous Occupations: Prince of Wallachia
Latest Book released this year: Bound by Flames
Quote: “I want a hardened man, not a mass-murdering, pathologically vengeful one. There’s only room for one of those in my line right now, and that’s me.”
- yes, another vampire on the list. Obviously, I am a fan, yeah? But please no glittering ones. Vlad is a perfect example of an alpha male/alpha hero with the powers of fire, and strength, and hotness overload.
Well, that’s it for now! Did any of these make your list? Can you share any book boyfriends that you think I might like? I am a sucker for alpha heroes, so…