Last month’s deets on I Heart Romance & YA
Hello, Wormies! Happy new month! and uh… I guess I am currently in the Twilight Zone because I basically SKIPPED APRIL 1st!! How is that possible, you say? So, basically, I lost about 24 hours since I left LA on March 31 and landed here in the PH on April 2nd! You might say that I basically slept through April 1st? Maybe?? It was a long 14 and a half hour fight by the way, in which I tried to read and listen to audiobooks and just promptly fell asleep. And then there was that short layover in Manila before flying to my hometown Dumaguete City!
But enough about this trip, because I KNOW I will be talking about this trip on my blog for a couple of weeks or more! I just want to confess that I am currently sliding slowly into a reading slump! dun dun duuuunnnn Basically, I started multiple books and have read quite a number of chapters already but I just can’t bear to finish them! HALP!!!
I do hope that I will get outta this slump soon!
So basically, I upped my Goodreads Reading Challenge by 10 this month! Oh and I also reviewed 10 additional books! It looks like everything is going swimmingly, right?
Anyway, I read 2 additional books for Flights of Fantasy, but I am still having problems with the genre. I guess this can be blamed by the reading slump that I am slowly sinking into. I DO hope that I’ll climb out of it, though!
Well, look at that! Kiss Marry Kill is now the longest book I read! Unfortunately, this was also rated 2 hearts because I just didn’t like the hero (and the heroine)! I mean, it has a pretty good premise, but that was that. I thought the author lacked in executing the plot. Plus, their first meet-cute was just…dubious at best?
- [2 Mar] Devil in Spring by Lisa Kleypas
- [3 Mar] My Fair Duchess by Megan Frampton
- [3 Mar] Blush for Me by Kristen Proby
- [4 Mar] Sweetest Mistake (Sweet, Texas, #2) by Candis Terry
- [9 Mar] Better When He's Bad by Jay Crownover
- [9 Mar] Better when He's Bold by Jay Crownover
- [9 Mar] Better When He's Brave by Jay Crownover
- [10 Mar] Bedchamber Games by Tracy Anne Warren
- [17 Mar] When the Marquess Falls by Lorraine Heath
- [24 Mar] Into the Fire by Jeaniene Frost
- [1 Mar] I Need MORE Fantasy Recs, Please! February 2017 Monthly Wraps
- [5 Mar] Currently Reading Week 5
- [13 Mar] Will You Ever Read the Book if the Movie Sucked?
- [14 Mar] Ten Books On My Spring TBR that I Can’t Wait to Read
- [15 Mar] Book & Movie Adaptations: A Beauty and the Beast Inspired Post
- [19 Mar] Currently Reading Week 6
- [20 Mar] Gadgets & Apps for Audiobook Lovers
- [28 Mar] 4 Authors I’m Dying To Meet & 3 Authors I FANGIRLED OVER
- [29 Mar] Historical Romance Reading Challenge March Progress + Link-up
- [30 Mar] 5 Books About and Written by Filipinos I Want to Read/Re-Read
So, I KNOW I will be cutting it close, and I will probably be jetlagged, but I am hoping to go to Yallwest the weekend after I get back from vacay. Maybe I’ll go if I’m not SUPER exhausted? We’ll see!
The LA Times Festival of Books is on the 22nd-23rd and that is the day after I get home! Ack! OMG! I don’t know if I should go BUT The Ripped Bodice will be there and there will be awesome romance authors present so…. I guess this one will have to wait until after I get back. If I’m too tired, well… 🙂
I FINALLY saw Hidden Figures and I absolutely LOVED it! And just don’t get me started with Beauty and the Beast because it was everything I hoped for and more! Now, I know it won’t replace the original animated version, so I won’t even compare them and tell you which one is the best because they are both AMAZING! With the live action version, I loved the additions and backstories that they added. The singing, well, not so much… but the set design was just GORGEOUS!
By the way, I love seeing the old books that I bought and accumulated in high school through college! Ack! I LOVE IT! I do hope that I can reread some of them!
Thank you so much for the fantasy recs, everyone! I promise that I am looking into each of them! ALSO, I want to ask if you have any tips to get out of this reading slump. HALP PEEEPLZ! I know rereading old favorites help, but I want other tips!