Last month’s deets on I Heart Romance & YA
Happy NEW MONTH everyone! It’s December and it’s ALMOST Christmas! I am especially happy for the holidays because I get to DIY Christmas gifts and Pierre is going to be home! This means, FOOOOD! Also, I can finally see Coco and Star Wars: The Last Jedi! I will be waiting for Pierre so we can see both movies together (I know Star Wars is not out yet).
Anyway, November was unusual for me because I gobbled up A LOT of contemporary romances! To be honest, I didn’t enjoy the historicals that I got and I kept hopping from one book to another. Let’s just say that it was an amazing contemporary binge read/listen during Thanksgiving weekend.
I also finished decorating for Christmas! I mean, yeah I put up the tree already, but I still need to get Christmas stockings for the fireplace mantle. I also need to decorate our front porch and I have been dragging my feet for about a couple of weeks now. 🙁
I have met 3 out of 4 of my challenges! I am SUPER STOKED about this! I know I have been horrible at reading Fantasy books but I think this isn’t the year of fantasy reading for me.
This will be something that I can think on when selecting the challenges I will be participating in next year.
- [3 Nov] The Duchess Deal by Tessa Dare
- [9 Nov] Indecent Exposure by Tessa Bailey
- [10 Nov] Duke of Desire by Elizabeth Hoyt
- [15 Nov] Budget Bookworm: Audible Romance Package + Review
- [16 Nov] The Throne of Glass Coloring Book by Sarah J. Maas
- [17 Nov] The Duke and I by Julia Quinn
- [23 Nov] Forever With You by Beverley Kendall
- [2 Nov] Discovering an Old Series for the First Time is Fabulous! October 2017 Monthly Wraps
- [7 Nov] Six YA Characters Who Would Be Awesome Fashionistas
- [8 Nov] HoHoHo Read-A-thon Bingo Challenge
- [12 Nov] Currently Reading Week 20
- [13 Nov] Things I Learned About Myself After Reorganizing My Bookshelf
- [14 Nov] 8 Authors I Want My Future Children to Read
- [19 Nov] HoHoHo Read-A-thon Bingo Challenge RESULTS
- [20 Nov] Bookish Holiday Gift Guide
- [21 Nov] Bookishly Thankful For…
- [26 Nov] Currently Reading Week 21
- [27 Nov] Creating a Blogging Schedule that Works for You
- [30 Nov] Books on My Radar | December 2017
I finally watched The Big Sick and it was AMAZING! It was funny in all the right places and I also loved how the mixed relationship and family was handled here. It helped that Kumail and Emily co-wrote the script. If you haven’t seen it, you should!
Justice League was a disappointment, actually. The plot was just meh for me AND that freaking photoshopped out Henry Cavill mustache was VERY distracting.
I also re-watched Zootopia and it’s still fun!
Now, I NEED to watch Stranger Things 2 soon!
How did your November go? Did you binge read during Thanksgiving weekend?
Did you start decorating for Christmas?