Last month on I Heart Romance & YA
Hi, Wormies! I can’t believe it’s August already! As I said last month, I wanted to convince Pierre to fire up the grill, but it was just too hot outside! So that plan was a no go. However, I am hoping that the temperatures will dip when he comes home later in August.
I read a bunch of books last month and 9 books were rereads! Yes! I am in a semi-slump and while it sucks, I love revisiting my old favorites. I usually reread my favorite books during a book slump.
Did you see Lisa Kleypas’ new book Devil’s Daughter? Man, did they go big with the cover! IT IS DAMN GORGEOUS! Also, all that red hair?! Ack! I read the excerpt on Cosmo and I can’t wait! And did you see that Lisa is thinking about writing a Wallflowers NextGen series? I HOPE SO! She also said that Marcus and Lillian’s 2 kids will appear in this book! OMG! I am squeeing right now, and I hate squeeing. LOL
I read 27 books this month! So… did I even sleep?! Actually, I did! But this time, I was able to read even though Pierre was watching Anime! And we were also able to spend time together! I actually took PTO one Friday so I spent that time with him and that also gave me an extra day to read!
I also can’t believe that I have read a total of 122 books this year! This means I am only 8 books away from reaching my goal of 130 books! I am amazed, actually!
Melt for You was an AWESOME READ! OMG! I laughed and cried, sometimes at the same time! This was an awesome slow-burn romance read that I can’t recommend enough!
- [5 Jul] Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry
- [19 Jul] Getaway Girl by Tessa Bailey
- [20 Jul] Melt for You by J.T. Geissinger
- [26 Jul] The Duke Buys a Bride by Sophie Jordan
- [1 Jul] On Reading & Listening a Lot | June 2018 Monthly Wraps
- [8 Jul] Currently Reading Weeks 25-26: It’s Getting Hot in Here!
- [9 Jul] Blog for Pleasure, Not Pressure
- [10 Jul] 10 Fictional Worlds I Want to Visit
- [10 Jul] The Accidentals by Sarina Bowen [New Release + Excerpt]
- [13 Jul] Fight for You by Nina Crespo [Excerpt + Giveaway]
- [16 Jul] Badly Explain Your Favorite Books
- [17 Jul] 5-Star Books I’ve Read So Far in 2018
- [22 Jul] Currently Reading Weeks 27-28: Not Getting a Lot of Reading Done
- [23 Jul] Do You Leave Comments on Book Reviews?
- [29 Jul] Books on My Radar | August 2018
- [30 Jul] Bookish Tips when Your Partner is an Anime Fan
- [31 Jul] Popular Books that Lived Up to the Hype
We FINALLY saw a couple of movies at the theater! I enjoyed Incredibles 2 and Ant-Man & the Wasp, but not as much as I did. Jack Jack was amazing, though! And soooo cute!
We rented Transformers The Last Night, but I wasn’t really watching the whole thing 100%. I guess the Transformers movies aren’t my thing? Although the Bumblebee trailer looks interesting!
Do you love rereading books?
How has your summer been? Did you do anything fun?
Are there any good movies I need to see?