Hosted by Kim @ Caffeinated Reviewer
Happy Wednesday everyone! Welcome to the HoHoHo Read-A-Thon and the HoHoHoRAT Winter Bingo Challenge! We are celebrating a week of reading Christmas themed books! Before I start with the Bingo Challenge, please read the rules below. Don’t forget to sign up or else your entry won’t be counted!
- Link-up (it is not necessary to link to goal post, just link to the account/blog you will be using)
- Before or on November 8th post a goals post to your blog. If you do not have a blog, declare your intentions on social media and link to this page, then create a shelf on Goodreads with intended books) Be sure and link back to Caffeinated Reviewer. If you do not have a blog or Goodreads account and wish to participate you could use Instagram or Facebook. Contact me if unsure.
- Grab the image and share! Tell your friends, post the image and link on social media using Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, Tumblr, Google + or Instagram Be sure to include a link to this page, so others may join.
- Participate in at least one challenge to be eligible for grand prize
- Read/listen to as many Holiday or Winter themed books as you can. (Winter can be new years setting, snowstorm etc. If you are unsure contact Kim @ Caffeinated Reviewer)
- Tweet your progress using #hohohorat
- Twitter Party! Wednesday, November 15, 2017, at 8:30 pm (EST) #hohohorat Come chat about the books you have read. There will be prizes.
- Challenge schedule and Grand Prize widget will post on November 8th at/by 8 am (EST)
- Read-a-thon starts on November 8th 12:01 am (your time zone) and ends on November 15 at 11:59 pm (your time zone)
- Challenges will be open from 8 am (EST) on the 8th and stay open until Nov 15th at 11:59 pm (EST)
- Grand Prize Raffle will be open until November 16th at 11:59 pm (EST) to allow you to submit entries.
- All winners of challenges and the grand prize will be notified by November 20th.
HoHoHoRAT Bingo Challenge Rules
- Link up to the HoHoHoRAT Sign-up post
- Read as many Christmas themed books, any genre in 7 days (November 18 – November 15, 2017)
- Download and fill up your HoHoHoRAT Bingo card with books you read during the challenge
- Book can only be used once
- Submit your completed Bingo card to me at zerisse [at] gmail [dot] com by November 16 at 11:59 (EST)
- Mark your Bingo cards below with the book title and author or book cover
- 3 books = 1 Bingo (horizontal, vertical or diagonal only)
- Create as many Bingos as you can. Each bingo = 1 entry for the prize draw, you can have up to 8 Bingos
- Winner will be notified via email by November 20th
- To see a list of Christmas books, visit here, here, here, and here.
HoHoHoRAT Bingo Challenge Prize
One bingo = 1 entry
One participant who gets at least 1 Bingo will go to a drawing for any book/s up to $15 USD (INT wherever Book Depository Ships)
HoHoHoRAT Bingo Card
Books I’m Planning on Reading for the HoHoHoRAT Read-A-Thon
I’m not a fast reader so I will try to read at least these 4 Holiday books! Wish me luck!
Christmas Books I Highly Recommend
Also, if you haven’t read these books yet, now is the time to read them!
The Winter King is not really about Christmas, but I read it this spring and it brought me back to Christmas!
Don’t forget to stop by and visit the other hosts and join their challenge! I am planning to!
- The Book Nympho, “HoHoHoRat Instagram Challenge“
- Addicted to Happily Ever After, “HoHoHoRat Word Scramble Challenge“
- Maureen’s Book Blog, “HoHoHo Readathon 2017 Jigsaw Challenge“
- Lampshade Reader, “Holiday Story Prompt Challenge“
Are you ready to read Christmas/Holiday reads? What books are you planning to read? Any good recs?