Welcome, Historical Romance lovers and new historical romance readers! Welcome to my very first Historical Romance Reading Challenge! I decided to embark and host this challenge because the historical romance is my guilty pleasure and my all-time favorite genre.
For 2017, I am challenging myself and I’m inviting everyone else to join in! You don’t have to be an uber fan of historical romance, to join. In fact, I welcome newbies and readers who want to try historical romance for the very first time!
For this challenge, my goal will be to be a Duchess and read 36 books! I also want to challenge myself and read at least one book in these categories: Regency Romance, Victorian Romance, Historical Romance with a Diverse main character.
This month was a failure for me in reading Historical Romances. I mean, I read a few, but I mostly was disappointed! I actually had to reread my favorites so I could recover from all the disappointment! I re-read 4 out of 7 books, which is why I read a LOT of historicals this month! There is still a few more days to go, who knows if I finish more historical romance books! I mean, I am on a roll!
- The Duke (Victorian Romance) review scheduled
- The Fairest of them All (Regency Romance) review scheduled
- Lions and Lace (Gilded Age)
- Fair is the Rose (Western Romance) review scheduled
- The Bride’s Necklace (setting is 1804 which I think is closer to the Regency era)
- The Devil’s Necklace (Pirate Historical Romance)
- Bedchamber Games (Regency Romance) review scheduled
I also read quite a variety of categories this month! I was actually surprised that I did! I wasn’t expecting to read varied categories! As you can see, one of my goals was to read only from three categories and I read five categories!
So how did you do? Don’t forget to link your progress post down below and enter the giveaway!
[Tweet “Love Historical Romance? Join the Historical Romance Reading Challenge! #HRChallenge2017 http://wp.me/p3n7oz-2H3”]
- Open internationally as long as Book Depository ships
- Must pick 1 Historical Romance book of your choice up to $10 USD
- The winner will have 48 hours to claim the prize or I will select a new winner
- Must be 18 years or older to participate in the giveaway
[Tweet “Yes, I am joining the 2017 Historical Romance Reading Challenge! #HRChallenge2017 http://wp.me/p3n7oz-2H3”]
Leave a direct link to your summary/update blog post, Instagram post, Twitter post, FB post, or any social media post showing your current progress in this challenge so that everyone can follow and cheer you on!