Last month on I Heart Romance & YA
March is here, wormies! By the way, welcome to my February Wrap Up post! I am SUPER excited for March because March marks our 10-year Anniversary! Wow! I can’t believe we have been together for over 10 years now!
Also, I finally ventured out of my cave and spent time out of the house during the weekend! I tend to hibernate during winter and Southern California has been freezing so… I never went out! But, I had to for a couple of reasons (mentioned below).
February Wrap Up
- My besties and I started a blog, We Three Fiends! Come say hi! I tell you co-blogging with my friends is so much fun! We have been friends since elementary school, some even longer and we even live in different countries! It’s a challenge, but still an awesome experience!
- One of the most exciting things I did in February was FINALLY visiting The Wizarding World of Harry Potter! I had so much fun! Seriously, Pierre was not having a blast as I did but I am still happy that he indulged my wishes! Also BUTTERBEER!
- I have been under the weather for a few days this month and I have been super exhausted at night! To the point where I actually fell asleep while reading and I am quite thankful that I have a Kindle Paperwhite otherwise, my old Ipad would have smacked me in the face. 😂🤣
- I also had high tea at Madeline Garden in Pasadena last Saturday and it was an experience! We went for my co-worker’s Bridal shower and I made a few favors! It was a last minute thing and I was pretty happy with how it turned out. Also, I am now obsessed with scones and clotted cream! I. WANT. THEM. NOW!
Goodreads finally fixed it and my GR overview is now showing the correct number of books! It also looks like I have been reading kinda meh books since a majority of them are rated 3 stars. But I also like that there have only been 3 books that I DNF’d since January! As a contrast, I only rated one new book 5 stars, the other 3 books were re-reads! It kinda looks like that I am now getting more stingy in giving 5 stars. Maybe…
- [2 Feb] The Art of Running in Heels by Rachel Gibson
- [8 Feb] The Ones Who Got Away by Roni Loren
- [15 Feb] True to You by Jennifer Ryan
- [23 Feb] Nobody Does It Better by Lexi Blake
- [1 Feb] That was a CRAZY January! January Wrap Up
- [5 Feb] The Ultimate Gift Guide for Romance Readers
- [6 Feb] 10 Books on my TBR Forever
- [9 Feb] Moonlight Sins by Jennifer L. Armentrout [Excerpt + Giveaway]
- [11 Feb] Currently Reading Weeks 5 & 6: We Finally Went to Hogwarts!
- [12 Feb] I Wish Blog Email Subscriptions Had a Format
- [14 Feb] Favorite Book Meet-Cute Scenes
- [20 Feb] 5 YA Books I Won’t Read Anytime Soon
- [22 Feb] Ruled by Anne Marsh [Excerpt + Giveaway]
- [26 Feb] Currently Reading Weeks 7 & 8: Stress + Lack of Sleep = Late Post
- [28 Feb] Books on My Radar | March 2018
March is the month with TWO book-to-movie adaptations and I CAN’T WAIT!
- I can’t wait to see how Disney adapted A Wrinkle in Time! I first read this book when I was in third grade and OMG! Did you see the trailer? The colors are AMAZING! I am so excited!
- Ready Player One is one book that I will read AFTER I see the movie! For some reason, I don’t want to be spoiled before watching the movie. I just KNOW this movie is going to be fantastic!
- Tomb Raider looks like it’s going to be a disappointment BUT it feels more like the game than Angelina Jolie’s version so I’m adding it to my must-see movies for March.
I didn’t renew my HBO subscription this month so I didn’t watch a lot of new movies. There wasn’t a lot of movies that I wanted to see in the theaters, but I am excited for more Blockbuster movies that are coming soon!
From the Theaters
- Black Panther WAS AMAZING! I will be seeing it again when Pierre comes home in a couple of weeks! OMG! I LOVE Shuri and Okoye! WOW! And I can’t believe Ryan Coogler is YOUNGER than me!
- Death Cure wasn’t as good as I thought it would be, but it wasn’t too bad. I was cheering when View Spoiler »Teresa died because she was unlikeable AF! « Hide Spoiler
- You guys, I found a new amazing series to binge – The Frankenstein Chronicles is an amazing period mystery thriller series! OMG! This is the first time I saw a series featuring Bow Street Runners! Eeep! I am a sucker for Bow Street Runners as evidenced by my love for historical romance featuring Bow Street Runners! Also, this stars SEAN BEAN!
- I am FINALLY on season 2 of Blacklist and WOW! What a revelation!
Did you guys do something special for Valentine’s Day?
Are you excited to see the three new movies I mentioned above? Did you see Black Panther? Wasn’t it AMAZEBALLS?!
What series do you love to binge?