Category: Discussions

Badly Explain Your Favorite Books

Badly Explain Your Favorite Books

Let’s talk about anything bookish!   How do you explain your favorite books to someone who hasn’t read them yet? Do you go into great detail about the plot, the characters the conflict? Or you just tell them that the book is good and to read the blurb? Well, someone on my online book club OSRBC (Old School Romance Book Club) asked everyone to badly explain their favorite books. I joined in and I had so much fun writing them. Which brings me to the topic of this blog post. I will be sharing 10 of my favorite books and will badly […]

• Posted July 16, 2018 • 4 Comments

Blog for Pleasure, Not Pressure

Blog for Pleasure, Not Pressure

Let’s talk about anything bookish! I’ve been trying to write this post for a while now and I’m glad that I am finally going to talk about this! See, a couple of months ago, I read a few posts by book bloggers about getting overwhelmed with blogging. This is totally understandable, especially if you are a new blogger (bookish or otherwise). In fact, there are a ton of articles talking about growing your email lists, increasing your stats and visits and whatnot and it does get overwhelming. In fact, I really don’t have a good advice for you other than […]

• Posted July 9, 2018 • 13 Comments

Favorite Young Adult Audiobooks

Favorite Young Adult Audiobooks

Let’s talk about anything bookish!   I love listening to YA books in audio format. In fact, I don’t think I would have finished some of the books if not for audiobooks! Audiobookers will always say that a narrator can make or break a book! And this definitely is true! This is part 2 of my audiobooks post for Audiobook month! I shared my favorite romance narrators last week so this time, we’re hitting YA!   Here are my favorite YA audiobooks Graceling by Kristin Cashore read by Full Cast Audio Graceling was extra special to me because this was one […]

• Posted June 25, 2018 • 5 Comments

Favorite Romance Audiobook Narrators

Favorite Romance Audiobook Narrators

Let’s talk about anything audiobookish!   June is Audiobook month and to celebrate, I want to share my favorite romance audiobook narrators! These awesome people have helped me finish AND love a slew of books! Audiobooks have also helped me “read” more books than ever because I can read during my daily commute (which is about 3 hours round trip). If you haven’t tried audiobooks, pick a book read by these awesome authors and start listening!   Favorite Romance Audiobook Narrators Tavia Gilbert Halfway to the Grave | One Foot in the Grave | Night Prince Novels Tavia Gilbert does […]

• Posted June 14, 2018 • 10 Comments

The Case of Authors Behaving Badly

The Case of Authors Behaving Badly

Let’s talk about anything bookish!   Hello, Wormies! A lot has happened in the reading community and as much as I wanted to weigh in on all the brouhaha, I have mostly remained silent on social media. Yesterday, I caved and wrote a longish statement on my personal Facebook wall. But that’s not what my post is all about. Today, I want to talk about authors behaving badly. There have probably been quite a few incidents in the past that have caused uproars in the bookish community as a whole. Clearly, it has become increasingly prevalent because of social media and […]

• Posted May 28, 2018 • 16 Comments

The Series, Standalone & Companion Books Conundrum

The Series, Standalone & Companion Books Conundrum

Let’s talk about anything bookish!   Hello, Wormies! I rewatched Wreck-it Ralph and Big Hero Six this weekend and I was bawling! Oh man, the emotions in these Pixar movies! I mean, at least I didn’t watch Up again! Anyway, back to the topic. Since Wreck-it Ralph has a sequel, I thought about series, standalone and companion books. I’m not sure if there has been any debate about this topic, but I have thoughts about series books. Reasons Why I Think Series Books are the Best With series books, authors are able to expand the plot and the world. Amazing world-building can be expanded and enhanced […]

• Posted April 16, 2018 • 8 Comments

Budget Bookworm: Two Library Apps I Use Regularly

Budget Bookworm: Two Library Apps I Use Regularly

Saving moolah on awesome reads! Happy National Library Week! For bookworms, this week is the chance to say thank you to the awesome institution that is the public library system and the librarians who run them! As someone who grew up in a country where the public library system isn’t as developed as the US, I cannot begin to express my thanks to this system. I am one bookworm that uses the LA Public Library System to it’s fullest. I fact, LAPL has saved me a lot of money! I regularly borrow ebooks and audiobooks digitally and never have to step […]

• Posted April 11, 2018 • 21 Comments