Thoughts, life, and struggles of the blogger.
Annika @ Hiding Books nominated me for the Liebster award! I admit to seeing this award for YEARS but I just haven’t been nominated…EVER! I don’t normally do tags or awards but this week, I am delighted to do this.
- Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the award in your blog post.
- Answer 11 questions from the blog that nominated you.
- Give 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5-11 blogs you think are deserving of the award. The blogs must have less than 200 followers.
- Let the blogs know that you have nominated them.
- Give the blogs you nominated 11 questions to answer.
Do you have any nicknames?
If you do, where did it come from?
I have a few nicknames. I mean, who doesn’t? Let’s start with my family nickname. (1) Yan Yan. Ever heard of that Japanese snack? YES?! See ↓ for the ultimate snack yumminess!
Well, it may seem that I am named after this famed snack, right? I am not, by the way. Yan Yan is my Chinese name (司徒燕燕 <– the last 2 characters are my name, the first two, my Chinese last name).
I am also called Zerisse, Zr or Zeee (a combo of my first and second name) by my close friends, I’m Boss to my Boss Pierre (yes, he is my hubby and we call each other Boss). I also hate my second name, by the way.
I have more, but I’d rather not share…. LOL
What is the best thing about blogging?
Is there anything you dislike about it?
Perhaps the best thing about blogging is being able to share my love for books! I normally don’t have anyone to talk to [about books], other than my husband, who is not much of a fanboy, so having a blog and talking about books in my personal virtual space is super awesome!
The blogging community is also AWESOME! I am a relatively new active blogger and the community has welcomed me to their group with open arms.
I don’t really have a lot of complaints per se, but there are a few questionable things I have seen a few bloggers do. It breaks my heart, but I don’t let it tarnish my feelings for this super awesome community.
Name a favorite book
from your childhood
Perhaps the most memorable book that I read as a child is 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, with A Journey to the Center of the Earth a close second, both written by Jules Verne. I can still remember how blown away I was when I first read these books. Have you read any books by him? Which ones are your faves?
What is your favorite
genre to read
If you haven’t realized already, this blog was first created to show my love for historical romance. This is still my guilty pleasure and it doesn’t look like I will stop reading this genre. Let’s just say that this is my go-to genre to read when I am in need of cheering up. Of course, Twitter does help with the cheering up…
Do you have any amazing quotes from books
you’d like to share?
What is the best book that you’ve read
in 2016 so far?
I will pick two books, one historical romance, and one YA because I just can’t choose! These books are the most memorable ones I’ve read this year.
Just so you know, both books DEVASTATED ME!
Hardback or paperback?
I love collecting hardbacks because they are soooooo puuurrrteeey! But I admit to liking ebooks or audiobooks because they don’t take up much space! The HORROR!! #BloggerConfessions
Favorite snack to have while reading?
(this is obviously the most important question of all)
I have to be honest for this one. I DO NOT eat while I read! Since I love reading in bed, it really isn’t the best place to eat! However, when I’m out and about, it would depend on what I lam currently eating! I have been obsessed with ramen, so you will find me eating ramen AND reading!
What hobbies do you have
apart from blogging?
When not blogging, I do crafty stuff, coloring, photography, and watch TV. My favorites are anything on the History Channel…because history just fascinates me!
How do you arrange your bookshelf?
By title? By color? By the third letter of the author’s first name?
Randomly? I do group books from one author together then arrange them by color. As to their placement on my shelf, there is no rhyme or reason to it! That’s a peek of my second shelf.
If you could live anywhere you wanted,
where would it be?
I’m undecided as to where I would want to live so I’m picking fictional worlds. Although it is a guarantee that I would be dead if I live in ANY of the fictional worlds, I would still want to live in those worlds. Of course, in my fictional world, I would be the heroine and I would have all the power… mwahahahahahahaa
11 Random Facts About Myself
- English isn’t my first language. Isn’t it obvious?
- I’m in my early 30s…and I read YA books!
- I used to hate cats. *wink*
- I heart shoes…. really!
- I read multiple books at once!
- Contrary to how I am on social media, I’m pretty shy.
- I seriously love collecting pens… like those freebie ones you get at the hotel? Ehemm.. weird.
- I love to travel, but Pierre doesn’t so… should I just go and travel by myself?
- I LOVE watching documentaries (History Channel, Discovery Channel are my go to channels!) and other reality shows (NO! Not THAT type of reality show, but the ones on Investigation Discovery, MSNBC, the true crime/murder shows).
- I get distracted waaaaay to easily.
- Chocolate. YUM!
I am tagging EVERYONE reading this post right now! Here are my 11 questions:
- What is your name?
- Where in the world are you blogging from?
- What is your favorite book of all time? Why?
- If you were a book character, what would your name be?
- Who is/are your favorite bookish characters?
- Can you remember the first book you ever read? What was it?
- Does anyone in your family read?
- What bookish feature do you love reading/commenting on?
- What is your favorite bookish platform? Blog, Booktube, Bookstagram, Booklr, etc?
- Do you love bookish merch?
- What was your favorite book signing/bookish event?
If you do this, please let me know so I can stop by your blog and get to know you better!