Today is my birthday! Well, it’s nothing to be happy about since I turned thirty today. *sigh
To those who wished me a happy birthday, thanks. You guys made my day extra special.
While hubby was in class, I explored a local bookstore in Los Feliz. Starlight Books is really interesting. It’s small and homey and they have an annex a couple of doors over where they have their graphic novels and comics and artsy books (photography, design, film etc.). The section that enthralled me was the Young Adult Section, where I picked up a book that I am curious about: Dorothy Must Die. One of my goals/resolutions this year is to buy one book on my birthday AND keep it. NO MATTER WHAT. This is the first book that I purchased. I am taking a page out of one of my childhood memories where I begged my father to buy me books for one Christmas years ago. I was probably 9.
I found three interesting things at the library.
- The YA section. I just HATE that Twilight is right beside Cress & Scarlett. *sigh
- I also found a California section, where I grabbed an interesting book (more on that soon) AND I also saw this little piece of Fil-Am History. Little Manila is in the Heart is about the early Filipinos who settled in Stockton, CA years ago. Interesting, right? (I didn’t purchase it, though).
- And while browsing the store, I also saw awesome notebooks and journals (which I might or might not copy LOL) and CAHIER COVERS. Ever wonder where to store condoms? I guess this is it. ROFL
For dinner, Boss and I went to the Chessecake Factory at Americana at Brand in Glendale. Love that place.
I was listening to music while driving and there were three songs that played one right after the other. LOVE them. And I just had the playlist on RANDOM
- Lightning Crashes by Live
- She is my Cain by Wolfgang
- Fade to Black by Metallica